Global warming is the unusually rapid increase in Earth’s average surface temperature over the past century primarily due to the greenhouse gases released by people burning fossil fuels.
The warmer and still-warming earth gives us ever-harsher storms, heat waves, drought and floods, melting glaciers, and more acidic and rising seas. Those effects stress civilization with food and water scarcity, loss of human habitat, and depletion of public treasuries.
- Skeptical Science
Here is a summary of global warming and climate change myths, sorted by recent popularity vs what science says.
From The Paragraph
- ¶ Climate Change vs. Civilization: We’ve Got Work to Do
- ¶ February Record Heat Stuns Experts, Should Urge Climate Mobilization
- ¶ Time and Global Warming March On, People Stir, ‘Grand Oil Party’ Must Go
- ¶ How the Grinch Stole the Paris Climate Agreement
- ¶ Two Elephants in the Room (Cartoon)
- ¶ Another Global Warming Day
- ¶ There’s No Warm Time Like the Present
- ¶ Facts Shatter Global Warming Denier Claims
- ¶ Fossil Fuel Global Warming More Certain than Ever
- ¶ How the 'Grand Oil Party' Got Its Name
- ¶ Greenpeace Explorers on First-Ever Summertime Trek to North Pole
- ¶ Nikola Tesla Sought Abundant Clean Energy for Humanity
- ¶ Citizen with Paddle Stops Bush Wilderness Sale
- ¶ A Red-Letter Day for Solar Energy as Solar Plane Lands in Morocco